Who We Are

History of Ladysmith & District Credit Union

Ladysmith & District Credit Union (LDCU) was founded on May 18, 1944, with charter 116 and a common bond of residents of Ladysmith, BC north to the Nanaimo River and south to Newcastle district boundary. LDCU has a proud role in the history of Credit Unions as it was the first Credit Union in North America to use the international trademark of Credit Unions (hands and globe) in its signage. The Credit Union has never undergone a name change nor has it merged with any other Credit Union; however, it is now an open bond Credit Union allowing anyone to become a member. The Credit Union has two main departments: Financial Services and Support Services, and two subsidiaries: Insurance and Wealth Management. LDCU has almost 5,000 members, 37 employees, and over $160 million in assets.

 

Find Branch/ATM

Enter address, postal code or branch name